Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you just have so much stuff to write that you don’t know where to start. I am in that place write now. I have been taking so much time off from blogging that I am clogged. With that in mind I am not going to write about anything. Well, that’s not completely true. I am not going to write about anything specific. Instead I am going to share all of the topic that I want to write about in hopes that some coherent thoughts might find there way to later posts.
- So much has been happening at LifePoint. We have been growing during a time when our attendance should be at it’s lowest point. We have been financial stable when we should have been struggling. People are serving Christ like never before when they are usually on vacation.
- I have heard amazing thiings from this past Sunday. Record attaendance, record giving, amazing music. It’s nice to know that things can go even better when I am gone.
- We have been giving out free water on the greenway for a full month and we are going to try to keep it up through the remainder of summer. It’s neet the conversations that get started and the new friendships that are made.
- I actually took a weekend off. Not just from my paying job but from LifePoint as well. It was really nice. We spent the weekend in Georgia and vsitied North Point Community Church. It was very refreshing and a very powerful message by Louis Giglio.
- New message series starts on August 3rd. I am so excited about this series. I haven’t nailed down the title yet since it has kind of morphed from where it started but I can promise you that it will challenge the rhetoric of faith with the reality of faith.
- God has been really challenging me to write about what he has been revealing to me through his word. I hope to start doing that soon.
- I have a lot on my mind about the systems of LifePoint. There are a lot of things that we have implemented recently that are really working but God has me challenging everything we do. It makes for interesting discussions and even more interesting changes. God is calling us to take risks. They may not seem like risks to most other churches but for LifePoint they are risks. I am ready to take them.
- I am working on a new way of planning our worship services. New for us anyway. I think iy will increase the quality and focus exponentially.
That’s it for now. Time for bed. Let’s see whate all these thoughts develop into in the days to come. Goodnight.