Several days ago I wrote a post called, “What is our website saying?“. The whole point was that sometimes we try to build so much into our websites that we just end up over-complicating the whole thing. As a new church our only need for a website is to tell people who we are and how to find us. That will not always be the case but at the moment it is. So here is a screen shot of our new website that I put together over the past few days. You can check it our live here.
In building it I wanted to accomplish just a few things.
- Give people the information they are wanting when visiting a church website.
- Give them a place to get regularly updated information.
- Give people an idea of what they can expect “when” they visit.
This site is far from done but it is fully functional. Here are a few of the features that I built into the site to create some elements of connecting and inviting.
- The ability to subscribe to our newsletter from the main page.
- Information on our current series with the ability to send it out as an E-vite.
I would love to know what everyone thinks. Suggestions are greatly appreciated but remember to be nice, it is still a work in progress.