If you have been to our church over the past two weeks you know that I believe we go into resolutions with the idea that they will probably not make it through the year. It seems we have been conditioned to not fulfill these annual aspirations. This is not to say that we shouldn’t make them but that we must find ways to strengthen them.
Craig Groeschel has a great post on goals and how we can utilize these tips to make resolutions that last. He gives 3 great characteristics of a great goal.
- A good goal is specific.
- A good goal is attainable.
- A good goal is written.
You can read his whole post here. I know everyone else put up these kind of posts up yesterday but I couldn’t because I was busy fulfilling one of my resolutions. So here are my resolutions for 2008. Hold me to them.
- Lose 35 lbs.
- Go to the gym 4 days a week.
- Go to bed by 11 pm and get up by 6 am daily. (Buy a new mattress)
- Serve Angela more than I serve myself. (This has many levels, which I have written down somewhere else 😉 )
- Reconnect with long distant family and friends. (At least one contact a week.)
- Read the Bible in a year.
- Pray daily. (Although I pray frequently, there are days that I get to busy and when I am too busy to talk with God than I am too busy period.)
- Fast one day a month. (This is a practice that I have let slip.)
These are the few that have been stewing in me for a while. If anything else gets added I will let you know. What are your resolutions?