For some reason this has been a huge topic lately. You can read about some of our discussions that have caused a lot of traffic on this blog here and here. Whenever these two groups go at it it’s always the same warn out arguments. Even when someone points out that these are stupid arguments the two groups extremely dumb and vocal representatives chime in all the more.
I just read an article today that is a perfect example of this. In this article the author points out 10 things that both parties ought to agree upon. I have to say, I agreed with all points and yet our belligerent counterparts still felt the need rehash the same tired issues. Can’t we all just get along.
Here are the 10 things Christians and Atheists can (and must) agree on according to the author.
- You Can Do Terrible Things in the Name of Either One
- Both Sides Really Do Believe What They’re Saying
- In Everyday Life, You’re Not That Different
- There Are Good People on Both Sides
- Your Point of View is Legitimately Offensive to Them
- We Tend to Exaggerate About the Other Guy
- We Tend to Exaggerate About Ourselves, Too
- Focusing on Negative Examples Makes You Stupid
- Both Sides Have Brought Good to the Table
- You’ll Never Harass the Other Side Out of Existence
Now the author make some great points and I am going to link to the article so that you can read it for yourself but I should warn you that there are terms and ways that the authors makes some points that may be offensive to some, so read at you own risk.
Now that I have warned you, you can read the article here if you like.